At Greenwich Theatre Company, our mission is singular - to inspire empathy by telling the stories of our shared human experience.
We will serve this mission by:
1. Offering high quality professional live theater experiences, focusing on the human stories that shape our world.
2. Fostering new works with untapped potential to become the classics of tomorrow, as well as staging beloved contemporary and classic plays unconventionally in our unique, non-traditional space. Our space lends itself to exploratory, innovative staging, where each artistic team can let their imaginations run wild.
3. Developing community educational opportunities in conjunction with the Arch Street Teen Center, further exploring the work on stage, including special performances and programs for students and teachers.
4. Dedicating a part of each season to our New Works Festival, to discover, support, and present new and emerging playwrights.
5. Inspiring our community’s youth to explore their creativity and build empathy through storytelling. Our educational programing will offer students the opportunity to perform in an annual outdoor summer Shakespeare production, led by experienced industry professionals.
Greenwich Theatre Company's proximity to New York City, its deep connections to the outstanding Connecticut arts community and its partnership with the Arch Street Teen Center (the longest-running, privately funded teen center in the U.S.) gears us toward success. As we ready ourselves for launch, we've got exciting plans for our future and our community. Please consider a donation to GTC to help us bring these plans to fruition.